At HelloCoach®, we treat your personal information responsibly:
- HelloCoach CC., Registration Number 2007/076518/23 has its head office at Betterwood Business Park, 155 Vasco Blvd. Goodwood, Cape Town, South Africa, 7460.
- HelloCoach® promises to treat all your personal information carefully and responsibly.
- Personal information includes any information that lets HelloCoach® identify you as a unique individual (User), such as your name/s and surname, email address and cell number. In certain circumstances, your membership number and/or ID number may be used to identify you when accessing the HelloCoach® App.
- Personal information (in South Africa) also refers to the personal information that uniquely identifies a legal entity, such as the trading name of a company combined with the company registration number.
- Special personal information includes that which details your race or ethnic origin, religious and philosophical beliefs, political persuasion, trade union membership, health or sex life, biometric information, educational level, emotional status, or any criminal behaviour which relates to alleged criminal offences or proceedings.
- Personal information may be given to or collected by HelloCoach® in writing as part of a written application form, electronically (email), telephonically, online or via mobile applications.
- Processing of personal information includes any initial processing that HelloCoach® does when we first collect your personal information. It also includes any further and ongoing processing that HelloCoach® can carry out legitimately in terms of the reasons listed in paragraph 9 (below). The term ‘processing’ includes collecting, using, altering, merging, linking, organising, disseminating, storing, retrieving, disclosing, erasing, archiving, destroying, or disposing of personal information.
Your personal information is an important part of HelloCoach® relationship with you.
- HelloCoach® will only collect and process your personal information for the reason you provided it to us, or to enable us to comply with the requirements of specific laws that we are governed by.
- This personal information helps keep your account secure, and makes our services more useful.
- HelloCoach® may process your personal information to protect your or our legitimate interests. HelloCoach® will not collect and process personal information about you that we do not need for this purpose. The general purposes for which HelloCoach® collects and processes your personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a record of you on our system to verify your identity, provide you with the services you have applied for and then communicate with and keep you informed about these products and/or services;
- Identifying you and verifying the company that you work for, or membership base to which you belong;
- Any purpose related to the bringing together of yourself and a coach;
- Further processing for historical, statistical or research purposes where the outcomes will not be published in an identifiable format;
- For purposes relating to the sale or transfer of any of our businesses, legal entities, or assets as part of corporate transactions.
- Furthermore, HelloCoach® will not process your special personal information unless:
- You have consented to HelloCoach® processing it;
- It is necessary to exercise or defend a right or obligation in law;
- It is necessary to comply with local and/or international legal obligations of public interest;
- It is for certain historical, research or statistical purposes that would not adversely affect your privacy; or
- You have deliberately made your information public.
- There are some personal information fields that mandatory if you want HelloCoach® to provide you with your chosen service (coaching topic). This information can be provided in writing, electronically (via the HelloCoach® Application) or telephonically, but it must be accurate and complete. These fields are indicated by an asterisk (or as otherwise indicated) on the respective forms/websites. If HelloCoach® does not receive the necessary personal information, we will not be able to continue with your application and provide the services for which you have/are applying for. Personal information fields outlined:
- NAME and SURNAME: The name by which you identify.
- CELL NUMBER: An essential element in the registration process in order to communicate regarding coaching sessions booked and time slots allocated, and/or conduct coaching sessions via Whatsapp.
- USERNAME: The email address you use most often to communicate and through which HelloCoach® can communicate regarding setting of coaching sessions. This helps us keep your account secure, and if you have forgotten your password and can’t sign in, or for general important notifications from HelloCoach®.
- PASSWORD: To help keep your account safe, a strong password consisting of at least 8 letters and characters, and should be a mix of letters, numbers and symbols.
- AGE: our services are only available to persons over the age of 18 years.
- PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Assists us with our process of coach allocation.
- When you create a HelloCoach® account, we store information you give us, like you name and surname, cell number, email address, age and place of residence. This helps us deliver a more useful, customized and personalized service to you, and for the purposes of conducting various analytics so as to improve our services on an on-going basis where possible.
- In most cases, personal information will be collected directly from you, but there may be other instances when HelloCoach® will collect personal information from other sources, such as your employer or the company of which you are a member/subscriber. These may include public records, places where you may already have made your personal information public (for example, on social media), email address, cell number, name, and surname and/or ID number. To note, HelloCoach® will only collect your personal information from other sources where we are legally entitled or obliged to do so to render the HelloCoach® service/s as a benefit, and you are entitled to ask HelloCoach® which sources they used to collect your personal information.
- For the purposes outlined in paragraph 9 (above), HelloCoach® will, in most instances, collect and process your personal information internally. However, there are times when HelloCoach® needs to outsource these functions to third parties, either within HelloCoach® or external to HelloCoach®, including parties in other countries. Where your personal information is shared internally within HelloCoach®, such sharing will be carried out only for the purposes outlined in paragraph 9 (above). We may need to share your personal information with our business partners, your company for which you work and/or the company of which you are a member/subscriber, or counterparties, where we are involved in corporate transactions relating to the provision of the HelloCoach® services. HelloCoach® will not share your personal information with third parties who do not need your personal information, or where HelloCoach® is not legally permitted to do so. When HelloCoach® decides to transfer your personal information to third parties, we will only provide it to organisations that have the same data privacy policies as HelloCoach® or those who are subject to laws relating to the processing of personal information that are like those that apply to HelloCoach®.
- There may be instances where HelloCoach® will process your personal information through a secure automated tool, or perform profiling resulting in a decision that may affect you significantly. If you are unhappy about the outcome of such a decision, please contact:
- The HelloCoach® head office on their landline at 021 597 1435.
HelloCoach® respects your rights
- As a customer, if you have opted out of receiving electronic communications (on media such as SMS, email, or automated calling machines), HelloCoach® will not contact you using electronic media. However, if you are receiving marketing via electronic media, you have the right to opt out at any time by following the instructions on the marketing material received. HelloCoach® will continue to market to you using electronic means until such time you have opted out.
- As a non-customer, if you would like to receive information from HelloCoach® through electronic media, please submit your details to HelloCoach® via our website.
- If you have a complaint relating to the protection of your personal information, including the way in which it has been collected or processed by HelloCoach®, please contact us using the contact details as listed below. If you have not had your complaint dealt with satisfactorily, you may lodge a complaint with your local privacy regulator in terms of applicable privacy laws.
Right to amend this privacy statement